Fishin' For Electoral Votes in '08
By pilgrim Posted in 2008 — Comments (41) / Email this page » / Leave a comment »
Governor Tim Pawlenty should be the Vice President on the '08 GOP ticket, and here is how I got there.
1. Tim Pawlenty is always a winner when he campaigns for an office.
2. Tim Pawlenty governs and eliminates budget deficits without raising taxes.
3. Tim Pawlenty is right on the immigration issue, and this propelled him to win in 2006. Gov. Tim Pawlenty started running an ad that criticizes his opponents on the issue of immigration. The ad blasts the Independence Party's Peter Hutchinson for supporting a plan that would allow people who are in the country illegally to pay in-state college tuition rates, which are lower. The ad also rips DFLer Mike Hatch for not taking a stand on the issue.
Fortunately, our governor is Tim Pawlenty. Under Governor Pawlenty, in state tuition for illegal immigrants will not happen.
4. The GOP Convention is in Minnesota, and the enthusiasm coming out of there with Pawlenty on the ticket will be huge.
5. Tim Pawlenty could get 10 electoral votes for the GOP that went to the Dems in '04. Perhaps more if his being on the ticket brings over the electoral votes of Wisconsin. In '04 the score was 286-252 so a 20 point swing can be very big.